OneSight Research Foundation is offering funding for twenty scholarships in the amount of $2,000 through the DR. STANLEY PEARLE SCHOLARSHIP FUND. The award will be given out for Fall 2012 and students graduating from optometry programs in 2013, 2014, and 2015 are eligible.
The following information was provided by OneSight Research Foundation:
A. The applicant will be required to provide:
- A complete application;
- An official copy of the applicant’s transcript from the applicant’s current or most recently attended school;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably at least one from an educator and/or administrator of the optometric program or an optometric mentor;
- A list and description of leadership responsibilities undertaken by the applicant;
- A list of accomplishments and/or awards or recognitions received by the applicant for academic excellence, community service, or leadership ability;
- A description of the applicant’s academic and career objectives;
- A description of the applicant’s vision of diversity and community service; and
- A brief personal statement that may allow the committee to better assess the applicant’s application including but not limited to background, interests, extra-curricular and community activities, and financial need.
B. Applications must be postmarked on or before April 15th and submitted to:
OneSight Research Foundation
2465 Joe Field Road
Dallas, Texas 75229
Scholarship winners will be notified in writing on or around June 15th. Please include your mailing address for this time period.
Please direct any questions to Trina Parasiliti (972)277-6191 – or view this document – Print Scholarship Guidelines HERE