If you are planning on going to Optometry’s Meeting in Washington, D.C. this June, you already have plenty of reasons to attend: the Optometry Student Bowl powered by Essilor, Luxottica Live!, residency summits, and Optometry Unites at Capital Hill. But if that weren’t enough, there are still travel grants available to help make your trip even more memorable.
AOA+ Travel Grants: $500
– This grant is on a first come, first serve basis, so don’t wait!
– How do you get it? Just tell them you want it! Upon registration for Optometry’s Meeting, there will be a travel grant selection box that will secure their grant.
- Optometry Unites (Wednesday)
- 3 of 6 AOA+ Pop-Up sessions (offered Thursday and Saturday)
- Advocacy Workshop (Thursday)
- Residency and State Affiliate Summit (check in with one state and two residency directors)
- Essilor Education (Friday)
- Luxottica Education (Friday)
- Attend any two of the following:
· Any contact lens education course (does not have to be a paid for workshop, 15 free CL courses to choose from)
· Poster session
· 1 hr. of OD CE (you may take 2, 1-hour OD CE courses to complete this requirement)
· Sports Performance Vision and Vision Rehabilitation Forum (limited capacity, by invite only)
Participation in the following events:
- AOSA Optometry Student Bowl XXIX powered by Essilor
- Luxottica Live!
- Stop by the Optometry Cares table outside the AOSA Sunglass Sale
*If you are an AOA+ Advocate, please see specific requirements.
Allergan Travel Grant Photo Contest
Prizes: First Place winner will get a $750 travel grant to Optometry’s Meeting National Harbor! Second place is a $500 travel grant and third place will win a $350 travel grant. Another 47 students will win $250 travel grants, all courtesy of Allergan!
Rules: No more than 1 submission per student, and each must be accompanied by a description (25 words or less) of how the photo represents the symptoms that a patient suffers when he or she suffers from glaucoma or blindness. You cannot re-submit a photo that has been submitted in prior years.
All 50 winners will attend a special lunch sponsored by Allergan, on Friday, June 26th in National Harbor.
Judging will be conducted by members of AOSA’s Board of Trustees.
AOA+ Advocate Travel Grant
Not open to all students. Read more.
This grant is for AOA+ Advocates who have been selected by their state or AOSA trustee to participate in additional advocacy related events and programs.