How many of you have been trying to do Goldmann tonometry only to have your patient bat your probe around like a baseball hit by Bryce Harper? Well have no fear, the cotton tipped applicator technique is here!
Here’s what you do…
1. Get your patient positioned in the slit lamp.
2. Have your patient look down.
3. Place cotton tipped applicator on the top of the eyelid and orbit.
4. Roll the cotton tipped applicator until the eye is wide open, ready for the Goldmann probe.
5. Apply probe, get accurate IOP, and do the macarena in celebration!!