Academy has been the talk of the town lately and for a good reason! There are so many things you can accomplish during Academy with CE credits and the student fellowship. Many of the top optometrists attend Academy, and they are there for the same reason you are, to learn.
We will be at the AOA booth in the Exhibit Hall, so be sure to visit with us and learn more about AOA+. The AOA and AOSA are instrumental in advocating for the profession of optometry and for students. We will be giving away an Apple Watch to one lucky winner!
Here are our recommendations for things to do at Academy:
1. Exhibit Hall: See, learn, try.
- Visit the OptometryStudents.com booth and enter to win an Apple Watch
- Try the new technology and products
- Ask questions to industry reps
2. Student Fellowship: Never attended a conference? This is where you want to start!
- Engage in new cutting edge knowledge
- Attend workshops, lectures, posters, and more. This year, Malcolm Gladwell is the keynote speaker and will be speaking about health care and research.
- Student only events: welcome reception, fellowship orientation, student only exhibitor hour, and networking luncheon
- For details on how to obtain a student fellowship, click here.
3. CE credits: Something for everyone!
- General optometry, binocular vision/pediatrics, glaucoma, treatment/management of ocular disease, systemic/ocular disease, contact lenses, low vision, neuro-optometry, jurisprudence, peri-operative management of ophthalmic surgery, refractive surgery management, pharmacology, public health and practice management
- Earn up to 34 hours
- Get your name out there – meet students, ODs, residents, faculty, reps, and more
- Learn what others are offering
- Experience what other people love
5. Anaheim: The Anaheim Way
- Go on an adventure: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland
- Catch a game: MLB Angels, NHL Ducks
- Grab a bite: Anaheim Packing District
- Get your vitamin D: Beaches in the Orange County (Newport, Laguna, Huntington)
If you haven’t registered yet, or in general want to know more information about the conference, check out our latest Academy article, Why Should I Attend Academy 2016.